WE are a group of enthusiastic dancers from all corners of North Shore coming here united with love to Israeli music and culture, and, most of all, the desire to learn Israeli folk dance. Luckily for the newcomers, among “regulars” there are few who know the drill and love to share their skills with the beginners.
Israeli folk dance as a form of art existed for centuries, and with emergence of the State of Israel 70 years ago it incorporated dance elements from numerous cultures and styles. The popularity of Israeli dance is really exploded for last 40 years in Boston area with many dance events, “marathons” and amateur groups including here at North Shore. Everyone finds his or her own attraction in Israeli dance. For some it could be the music or the spiritual connection, for others it could be the joy of mastering graceful moves, or perhaps just a good workout in a fun atmosphere. We do both traditional and modern dance styles, simple and more complex ones, always open to new ideas and requests!
Join us every Sunday @ 7 pm ! No experience necessary. All are welcome!
Questions? Please email: Jane (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Recently taught dances :
- Al Kanfei HaKesef – On silver wings
- Cha cha Espana
- David Melach – King David
- Debka HaShalom – Peace Debka
- Eretz Eretz – The land of Israel
- Eretz Israel Yaffa – Beautiful Israel
- Eshebo – Beautiful
- Hakol Patuach – Everything is open
- Har’Shut – The Permit
- Hora Aggadati – Hora of my fairytale
- Hora Medurah – Hora CampFire
- Ma Navu – How Pleasant
- Ma’Agalim – Circles
- Nigun Atik – Ancient Melody
- Od Lo Ahavti Dai – I have not loved enough
- Shabbat Menucha – Sabbath Rest
- Sheli Shelcha – Mine is yours
- Shiri Li Kinneret – Sing To Me, Sea Of Galilee
- Sulam Ya’akov – Jacob’s Ladder
- Tzadik KaTamar – The Righteous man as a palm (tree)
- Yedid Nefesh – Soul Mate
- Yisrael Sheli – My Israel